After school program staff needed: Coordinator, senior leaders, junior leaders
Posting revised: July 18, 2017
YWCA NWT is hiring a full- time Coordinator, After School Programs
Main responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Coordinating, planning and implementing after school programs throughout several schools in Yellowknife with 370 licences spaces.
- Ensuring programming excellence and developmental appropriateness of activities
- Creatively meeting needs to foster development of vulnerable children
- Supervising staff members and scheduling program activities and space use
- Working with federal and territorial consultants and funders
- Working with parents and other community partners throughout Yellowknife and the NWT
- Preparing Quarterly and Yearly reports for YWCA and funding partners
- Working within a approved budget
- Reporting to the Director for Child and Youth programs
- Diploma or higher in Early Childhood Education
- 5 years’ experience in the field, including supervising and scheduling staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Cross cultural skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, individually and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of the Early Childhood NWT regulations
- Current First Aid /CPR certificate
- Updated immunizations
- Current criminal records check with the vulnerable sector completed
Hours of work are 40 hours per week based on program needs, may include some evenings and/or weekends, with some flexibility. Competitive hourly wage with benefits (health/dental, vacation, sick and pension plan) and a pleasant, caring work environment.
Submit resume and references by July 25th, 2017 to:
Janette Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping it off at 4904, 54th Avenue, Yellowknife
- Under the direction of the Afterschool Coordinator, implement afterschool program and organize appropriate games, crafts and activities for children ages 5-10 years old.
- Responsible for supervision and direction of junior after-school leaders.
- Hours of work 3:00pm – 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding stat holidays.
- Required to work flexible hours throughout the school year on professional development days.
- Applicants must be able to support children effectively, participate fully as a team member, have good communication skills and be reliable and responsible.
- Previous childcare experience and knowledge of child development would be an asset.
- First Aid/CPR, Current Immunizations, and a Criminal Records Check are required.
- YWCA NWT seeking students 16 years of age or older for our afterschool program.
- Hours are part-time, from 4:00pm till 6:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to gain work experience and useful job skills for the future.
- We also offer the opportunity for students to receive their Community Service hours and Work Experience credits that are needed for high school graduation.
Please drop off resume to Janette at 4904-54 Avenue, or email to email@example.com