Shelter workers – 2 positions
Sutherland House – Fort Smith
Sutherland House is a shelter in Fort Smith for women and children fleeing abuse or who have nowhere else to go.
Skills and experience required:
- Caring, empathetic, compassionate
- Knowledge of community resources and advocate for client-identified needs
- Ability to maintain client and shelter confidentiality, safety and security
- Ability to assert clear professional boundaries
- Awareness of barriers women face and dynamics of family violence
- Knowledgeable of the impacts of violence on children who witness abuse
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in Social Work is desirable.
- Experience supporting women and children experiencing family violence is preferable.
- Clear criminal records check required
2 positions available.
Position 1: Full time, Tuesday – Saturday 11:00am – 7:00pm
Position 2: Full time, 7-3/7-4 rotation Day/Evening shift work
Starting wage: $27.01/hour
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Sutherland House Supervisor
P.O. Box 879, Fort Smith, NT X0E 0P0
Phone (867) 872-5925 Fax (867) 872-3398