The YWCA Toiletry Drive - Diana's Closet - is running the whole month of May.
Women and children often arrive at Alison McAteer House, our family violence shelter, with little more than the clothes they’re wearing, and with little money or no money. Likewise, families who live in emergency and transitional housing at Rockhill and Lynn's Place often don’t have anything left to cover hygiene products after paying for rent and food. Your donations enable them to access items that help them feel good about themselves. The campaign is named for Diana, the Roman goddess of childbirth, who helped women. Drop off locations are: YWCA administration office (Rockhill, 4904 54 Ave.) Sutherlands Drugs, and Weaver & Devore.
- dental floss, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- sanitary pads (preferred to tampons)
- baby items including diapers, rash cream, powder
- men's items including razors and shaving cream
Here's some suggestions for how people have gathered donations:
- Hold a friendly competition at your workplace and donate the toiletries gathered
- Host a potluck dinner or birthday where guests bring donations to the event
- Hold a toiletry drive at your school between students or classes
If you have a large donation you'd like us to pick up, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.