REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS BELOW FOR NEW AND RETURNING PARTICIPANTS. Please keep the following in mind before registering for GirlSpace:
- The media release page is the page most commonly filled out incorrectly. Read carefully!
- If you were in GirlSpace previously and your address or other information has changed, please send the changes in writing to Ashley
Interested in volunteering for GirlSpace? Download the volunteer info pack below.
Who can fill out the registration package to get someone registered?
-ONLY the girl's legal guardian can complete and sign the registration package.This does not include aunts/uncles, grandparents, step-parents, foster parents (unless one of these folks is the legal guardian).
For those who are trying to get a foster child registered:
-Ashley (GirlSpace coordinator) can work directly with the social worker(s) to get forms completed if you indicate this and provide the name of their worker (and which office if they do not work in the Yellowknife office).
Spots go very fast - so submit the attached paperwork quickly. Spots will not be held.
How to register:
-Print off (or stop by the YWCA to receive paper copy) the correct registration package
- if you have been in GirlSpace in the past 2 years please fill out the “Quick Registration Package for Returning Participants”
- If you are new to the program, please fill out the “Registration Package for NEW Participants”
Submit completed package to Ashley:
- Fax: 873-9406
- Drop it off at reception at the YWCA, 4904 54th Ave
GirlSpace is an awesome free program for girls ages 8 to 17. Contact Ashley at email@example.com or 867-920-2777 Ext 311 for more info.
It offers girls the opportunity to:
- work collaboratively with other girls to develop a space where everyone feels welcome and respected
- learn, grow and share in a non-judgmental environment supported by professional staff
- build skills, including leadership, teamwork, self-reliance, increased independence, self-awareness and positive self-esteem
- connect with the community in a variety of volunteer roles.
Three groups (8-10 years old, 11-13 years old and 14-17 years old) meet on different days after school at 4 pm at the program room at YWCA Rockhill (4904 54 Ave).
GirlSpace offers a day camp during March break and summer events. Watch this space for details about registration.
For more information about GirlSpace, contact Ashley MacDonald, BSW/RSW, program co-ordinator at 920-2777 x 311 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
GirlSpace is generously supported by United Way NWT, Dominion Diamond Corporation, NWT on the Land Collaborative and the Government of the NWT.